Search for Wilkes County employment opportunities below and in The News Reporter.
Be sure to check back regularly for new listings.
The actual job post provides details on how to apply and contact information.
Do not send applications to the Chamber.
Covid-19 Mitigation Specialist - Sanitation - Wilkes County
TITLE COVID-19 Mitigation Specialist - Sanitation - Wilkes County
The purpose of this position is to ensure a safe and healthy environment by providing sanitation services aimed at mitigating against COVID-19. Sanitation services will be provided in and around facilities, in classrooms and common areas, on utilities, equipment, fixtures, and materials in and around the facility grounds. The employee in this role will be trusted to follow health and safety procedures and perform inspections and checklists to ensure facility and grounds are hazard free.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Daily cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of classrooms, offices, bathrooms, and common areas
3. Deep cleaning of facility at the end of the day.
5. Perform routine inspections to reduce the likelihood of contamination
6. Responsible for sanitation of playground equipment after use.
8. Responsible for sanitation before and after events.
9. Complete COVID-19 Safety Checklist on a weekly basis.
• High School diploma or GED is required and one year custodial or related work experience is preferred
• Valid Georgia Driver's ID
• Employment contingent upon the results of the following:
- Enrollment in Child Care Division- Central Background Registry
- DMV check
- Drug Screen
- Physical Capacity Examination
• Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
• Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to use various chemicals and cleaning agents.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
• Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc.
• Regular reaching, including over-head, to stock & retrieve supplies
Candidates will be eligible for this position based on criteria set by the federal government under the National Dislocated Worker Grant. Thus, candidates must have been either laid off due to no fault of their own, laid off due to COVID-19, unemployed for 27 or more weeks, or have been self-employed and lost wages due to COVID-19 to qualify for this position. Candidates will need to provide documentation supporting their eligibility.
Significant sitting, standing, walking, moving, carrying, bending, kneeling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Ability to lift 15 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
**This employment opportunity is in partnership with WorkSource East Central Georgia. Qualifying candidates who are selected will be required to register in WorkSource GA’s online participant portal at worksourcegaportal.com and to submit required eligibility documentation to a WorkSource GA Career Coach.**
To apply, you must be considered a “dislocated worker” because of COVID. Were you terminated due to no fault of your own? Have you been unemployed long-term? Were you self-employed and became unemployed because of the pandemic?
Next, complete this Application and email, mail or deliver to Washington-Wilkes Chamber of Commerce at 26 West Square ♦ PO Box 661, Washington, GA 30673. If you are not able to print the application, please call 706-678-2013.
Once your application is received, you will be contacted with the next step of the application process.