Washington Wilkes Chamber of Commerce is looking for an Executive Director. Please send resume and an introductory letter to PO Box 661 Washington, GA 30673.
The Washington-Wilkes Chamber of Commerce is a 501c (6) non-profit that serves business members, individual members, non-profit partners, and the residents and visitors of Wilkes County. Our Mission is to advance local business and promote the economic well-being of the community through tourism, events, education, and collaboration with elected leadership, and it is the foundation of all that we do.
The Chamber is also responsible for and manages Washington-Wilkes Tourism. We assist with promotional support for major non-chamber events, and when able, the chamber also participates on committees and provides light task support for major non-chamber events.
The chamber’s Executive Director develops and oversees programs that are consistent with the chamber’s mission and objectives. This person works directly with the Board of Directors to set the chamber’s short- and long-term goals and objectives. It is a full-time position with weekend and evening work required. The position requires travel within and adjacent to the Wilkes County area on a regular basis, and occasional travel outside the local area for conferences or special meetings. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are necessary. Salary - $30 - $35 K
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrated experience in leadership roles.
- Experience in organizing and marketing community events.
- Experience working with diverse groups and varied industries to promote inclusive growth.
- Strong written communication, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing business finances and budgets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and Facebook.
- Must be well organized with time management, tasking, and email management.
- Must be well versed in membership and sponsorship benefits to accurately showcase the value of being a Chamber member.
- Recruit prospective members, grow membership, and maintain high membership retention rates by working with Economic Development, City of Washington, and Chamber Board.
- In collaboration with the Chamber Board of Directors, develop and execute membership expansion strategies and an annual membership drive.
- Welcome new Chamber members, conduct ribbon-cutting ceremonies, and attend grand openings.
- Develop and coordinate Chamber member events and activities that provide professional development and networking opportunities.
- Coordinate and host the Chamber’s monthly Business Power Hour.
- Keep informed of local, state, and federal funding options, grant opportunities, and other programs relating to business and advocacy of Chamber member businesses.
- Create and update members’ welcome packages and benefits packages.
- The Chamber produces and sponsors a few community and fundraising events throughout the year. The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the success of these events, including planning, organizing, staffing, and budgeting.
- Design, promote, and solicit sponsorship packages for Chamber events.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the Washington-Wilkes Chamber and Visitor Information Center.
- Develops and fosters close working relationships with key community stakeholders, including (but not limited to) City Council, County Commissioners, Downtown Development Authority, and Payroll Development Authority, as well as representatives at the local, regional, and state level.
- Attends and represents the Chamber at the City Council, County Commissioner’s, PDA, and DDA meetings. May need to attend other community and government meetings and events when necessary.
- Oversees all Chamber and Tourism marketing efforts including social media pages and website. (WashingtonWilkes.org, Facebook Pages: W-W Chamber of Commerce, Historic Washington Wilkes, Mule Day).
- Oversees and directs marketing agency in promoting tourism to our area.
- Designs and supervises the creation of collateral materials needed to advertise events, membership, and other Chamber and Tourism activities.
- Creates social media posts for Chamber events and activities and periodically creates posts for Tourism.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Prepares and oversees the annual budgets for Chamber and Tourism.
- Negotiates and approves contracts as required for vendors, office equipment, insurance policies, marketing partnerships, banking agreements, etc.
- Maintain all vital records and assets of the Chamber and Tourism.
- Reviews Chamber’s financial expenditures on a monthly basis with Board Treasurer.
- Works with Board President to create Board’s monthly meeting agendas
- Provides sufficient information with enough lead time that allows the Board to take relevant action to affect the direction of the Chamber.
- Have knowledge of and assist with maintaining Chamber Member Database, including responding to requests to contact members and sending member communications.
- Provide Director’s Report and Membership update for monthly Board meetings.
- Updates Tourism’s budget for monthly Board meetings.
- Perform routine tasks typical in an office setting such as using computers, phones, and copiers.
- Prepare and submit annual Tourism, Convention and Trade Show (TCT) report to GA Department of Community Affairs.
- Attends Chamber-related conferences, workshops, seminars as needed for personal growth and networking.
- Attend Tourism-related conferences, workshops, seminars as needed to maintain Visitor Information Center and for personal growth and networking.
- Bring concerns and questions to the attention of the Chamber Board.
Position Type: Full Time
Be sure to check back regularly for new listings.
Each post provides details on how to apply and contact information.
Do not send applications to the Chamber of Commerce.