Wood Mill Plant Personnel
Washington Wood Products is a wood mill specializing in the production of fence posts. We take raw southern yellow pine logs and process them by debarking, peeling, and cutting to length to meet the needs of our customers. Our facility is located on 40 acres at 341 Braxton Road in Washington, Georgia.Washington Wood Products is searching for plant personnel to add to our team. All personnel will report directly to the Director of Mill Operations. Job duties will include, and not be limited to, the following:
Candidates must have at minimum a GED. At least six months of professional experience operating machinery is preferred, but on-the-job training may be an option for the right candidate. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods is strongly preferred. Compensation commensurate with experience. All employees must submit to a drug test, and Washington Wood Products maintains a drug-free workplace environment.
- Set up, operate, and tend saws, peelers, and machines that cut or trim wood to specified dimensions
- Operate machinery panelboards to move stock through processes
- Inspect stock for imperfections or to estimate sizes of stock
- Adjust saw blades and peelers by pressing pedals, levers, or panel buttons
- Guide workpieces against machinery with automatic feeding devices
- Lubricate and clean machines, using wrenches, grease guns, air, and solvents
Position Type: Full Time
Be sure to check back regularly for new listings.
Each post provides details on how to apply and contact information.
Do not send applications to the Chamber of Commerce.