Miss Fanny's Tours
Expert guide will give you an exciting 2½ hour tour of beautiful, historic Washington Georgia. Meet the 'locals' and feel the ambience of Washington!
* See over 50 historical homes, some dating back to the 1700's.
* Be invited into several private homes for a personal tour.
* See and hear the history of our library and churches.
* Learn about Eliza Frances Andrews. (1840-1931) 'Miss Fanny' was a journalist, writer, teacher and internationally recognized botanist.
* Learn of Washington's role in the Revolutionary War and the War Between the States.
* Hear the story of the lost Confederate gold.
* With prior request, tours can include the private World War II museum of Mr. Holice McAvoy.
* $20.00 per person (cash or check) * Group discounts available
* Transportation Provided (Pick-up / Drop-off)
TOUR BUSSES: special rate with step on guide
Let me customize your tour to include lunch or dinner in our 'turn of the century' hotel or one of our beautifully restored antebellum homes. Or, perhaps you'd enjoy some good ole Southern Bar-B-Q and Brunswick stew served at The Livery (restored original mule barn for the Fitzpatrick Hotel).
My name is Elaine Filipiak, and I am a fifth generation 'Washingtonian'. Although I was born here, I was raised in Columbus, Ga. I moved back to Washington in 1976 where I owned a business for over 11 years.
I love Washington, the history and the people. I began doing tours this year and have met so many wonderful people. I will be honored to share my love and knowledge of Washington with you.